What to do with a sugar wort

So I was thinking about doing some distilling, so I made a sugar wine. It’s sitting at about 15.5%. Then my wife decided she didn’t want me to distill :evil:

So now I have 5 gallons of sugar alcohol/wine sitting in a carboy. What should I do with it? This was made with sugar, water and yeast. That’s it.

What do you mean? You can just dump it down the drain/toilet or on the ground if you want its not going to hurt anything. Is that the answer you were looking for? So the day in history when Prohibition was appealed your wife wants you to dump out alcohol lol. Right now you are technically not distilling so you could maybe add it to pop or other mixed drinks and drink it.

[quote=“tarzanchuck”]So I was thinking about doing some distilling, so I made a sugar wine. It’s sitting at about 15.5%. Then my wife decided she didn’t want me to distill :evil: [/quote]There’s your problem, you shouldn’t have asked/told your wife what you were doing, remember the old saying “It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission” or something like that.

[quote=“GoldenChild”]add it to pop or other mixed drinks and drink it.[/quote]That’s what I’d do, it’s probably pretty hot to drink straight without a lot of aging. You could also freeze distill it.

[quote=“tarzanchuck”]Then my wife decided she didn’t want me to distill :wink:

I would try and make some “apple pie”. Freeze distill it then add a few sticks of cinnamon a couple cans of frozen apple juice and some all spice.??? There are other recipes for apple pie liqueur out there, just google and make one that sounds good.

Head out to the woods…

Freeze distilling sounds interesting. I actually have a pear cider that I bottled recently that I just couldn’t shake the sulphur from that I may try this with and make a pear brandy out of.

I was also thinking about just buying some liquid hawaiian punch concentrate or kool aid and mixing it that way.

Freeze distilling sounds like a great Idea. They also sell essence which can flavor your wine to several different favorites, Jim Beam, Jack, and others.Bottle and set on a shelf for a few years.

Sounds like an excellent liqueur base to me. Freeze distill if you want (but you’re already sitting at 31 proof, so not necessarily needed at this point). Run it through something like a Brita filter two or 3 times to pull out as much impurities as you can, then steep some fruit and/or herbs & spices (or add a high-quality flavor extract). Once the flavor is at the intensity you want, sweeten with sugar syrup. If it were me, I’d go for homemade Kahlua or lemoncello.