What’s Brewin’?

Just going through the freezer thought I had Willamette but alas it’s not the case. Going to sub fuggles. It’s only calling for .5 oz late so I guess it should be alright. They call it an Altbier but it looks like an ESB to me

Yeah English hops in a altbier would make me think ESB as well.

That and the London ale yeast

1 Like

Doing some experimental brews to day with wild yeast i harvested. I got this yeast off prunes. It seems to have rapid reproduction rate on the slants and has low temperature range down to 50 degrees and no slowing in growth rate at lower temperature. Compared to 70 degrees. Its abv tolerance is around 8% . Hop tolerance has yet to be determined on it 21 ibu it didnt slow or inhibit growth Its not tested yet for strain identification but has a lot of brett qualities under the microscope and in fermentation throwing some funkiness and reminds me of Belgian/Saison strain with ester production at 70 degrees.

2 Likes

No brewing, but I bottled a Kveik/pedio cider from 2017 and a Thomas Hardy ale clone that’s just over a year in secondary.

2 Likes

You have extraordinary patience

2 Likes

Ridiculous pipeline…

1 Like

I kegged a that big 'ol DNERIPA and the Brut I brewed back on the 8th. Come on CO2!!!

2 Likes

Tasted my Schwarzbier today. Brewed mid December, kegged and cold conditioning for about 3 weeks now. Pretty good. More body and fuller mouthfeel than necessary for the style. Not sure where I got the recipe or why I decided to try a different one. It’s a good beer but I won’t use the flaked barley next time.

Thirsty Pagan in Superior Wi. had a brew the head brewer did the same thing… I could swear it had a nice background like the Duvel yeast did… I was a fan… Then she left and is now brewing at another place… I haven’t seen any wild yeast strains where she’s at now… I’ll need to ask her IF its in the future… Sneezles61

1 Like

Tapping my newest NEIPA, Humulus Cumulus, during our pre-game party. It weighed in at 9.8% abv and smells great so I’m really anxious. GO RAMS!

3 Likes

Holy Moly Brew-chu… too many of those and your party will be over before the game begins!! :sleeping: Sneezles61

1 Like

I’d support your Rams! Or anyone over the Pats really…haha…that’s assuming I could stay awake until half time drinking a 10% beer!

1 Like

LOL. It weighs in at 8.9% so I must’ve had too many before my last post anyways. We only “sampled” it pregame and I drank Lagers at the club party so I lasted thru the whole thing. Kinda wish I stayed home now!

3 Likes

Getting rolling on 10 gallons of our Knot Today IPA and 5 of Adams RyeB. Gotta fill the pipeline.

Working on a tropical blonde ale. Hopefully will get it brewed this weekend. Next weekend a light American lager.

What are you using for hops

Michigan Copper and Mackinac. There’s a local farmer who reached out to me about them.

1 Like

Is that some you’re doing a test batch with before you dive in at the brewery? Sneezles61