What’s Brewin’?

Aren’t you going to get some crap from the Buckeyes in the crowd? Those are the most Michigan hops you can get! :wink:

Correct, it’s a test batch before diving all in. Who’d a thought that the brew system I’ve used for over a decade would be used for test batches…

@WMNoob not everyone is a buckeyes fan. You sell it as local ingredients. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Brewed today with the MI hops. Smelled very tropical punch. Will be interesting if it carries through. I will be dry hopping so I hope so.

1 Like

Me did brew yesterday a artic ipa. Did find this recipy. In a dutch brew magazine. Did not have flaked oats. So did use biscuit instead. Now busy fermenting up a storm. Did create a recipy this morning for next week brew session. A ipa. Dont have name yet.

1 Like

You can use Quaker Oats or other manufacturers oats. There must be some of that on Bonaire.

They have but did not feel going out yesterday. On friday to many people at the grocery markets

Why were they predicting snow?

4 Likes

Old cruise boat people. With walking canes grocery shopping

2 Likes

He wasn’t banging on you Brew Cat… Not saying your old… just… well… aged a bit? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Sneezles61

1 Like

Just put an NB partial mash oatmeal stout in the fermenter.

Light American Lager tomorrow. But oatmeal stout sounds intriguing… been awhile since I’ve brewed one. Maybe add some bourbon soaked oak…

That sounds like the making of a great beer. I’ll think about it. Enjoy your brew day tomorrow.

Me tranfer today. Artic ipa to secondary dry hop cascade and cetennial. This afternoon. A asgard fire ipa. 11 lbs 2 row malt 1.5 lbs biscuit. 238gram caramel. Hops chinook cascade cetennial. Simcoe. Amarillo. Og 1.065. Fg 1.010. Use hornidal kveik yeast

Going ice fishing today, no brewing

3 Likes

Just put my Kama Citra IPA in the kegerator(needs to carb for a few more days I think) ordinary bitter ready to kick I think, have another batch of ordinary bitter in the primary and should be finished in a few more days, tomorrow will brew a “Scarlett O’Hara “ irish red recipe I found online. Starter is looking good tonight. Not sure what will be next up. Trying to be ready to run the Boston marathon in April and it is having an adverse affect on my brew consumption. But I will have lots of beer ready after that event is done …

2 Likes

Brewing Big Mo our Mosaic DIPA tomorrow. Dry hopped our session Knot Today tonight. Sipping the DNERIPA tonight apparently like its my job. LOL

2 Likes

I made a Vienna Lager yesterday. I’m attempting to make what I drank when I lived there in the early 90s. Looking online it’s amazing how inconsistent everyone’s recipes are out there.

2 Likes

I have a Vienna lager lagering right now. Getting impatient to try, but on a couple of antibiotics for the next week before I can have alcohol.

I think it’s a pretty lose style open to alot of interpretation

Without looking too deep, isn’t there a recipe from way back when that would expose the grain bill? Now a days, all things brewing wise has been so… interpreted… that Its probably sooo far away from the original… even though, they are similar… And I haven’t had a brew yet today… Sneezles61