What did you cook today?

Had some time so decided to fire up the traeger and smoke some ribs. Drank a few homemade pale ales (based on the Sierra Nevada recipe. Everything came out great.

6 Likes

Looks great! Did you do the grass in the smoker too? It looks perfect!

Nope. Roasted the asparagus in the oven.

Man they look awesome although I tend to like the thinner pieces of asparagus. I’ve yet to try ribs on the Traeger and yours make me want to go to grocery store now. What flavor pellets for the ribs?

Applewood pellets and I use the 3-2-1 method.

Family got home today so I treated them to homemade pizza. :innocent:

:beers:
Rad

6 Likes

looks great. i tried making sourdough pizza dough and ended up with a mess. I need to try again

That looks like some damn good pizza!

We had no hamburger buns in the house so I attempted to make some. They turned out pretty well and only 45 minutes start to finish

5 Likes

They look good. I made a sourdough starter that came out great, used it in dough, nothing.
Two weeks later it rose, smelled nice and sour, but had a thick layer of mold on top.

1 Like

Legs, grass, and potatoes on the grill. Tossed a few little chunks of bacon in with the grass while it was cooking.

1 Like

I made Keema last night. An India spiced beef dish. Very spicy with lots of cilantro and mint leaves for garnish. I put it on rice and fresh baby spinach. Washed down with an IPA.

4 Likes

That looks delish! Makes me want to give it a whirl.

Helped the Mrs make pork Lo Mein last night. My job was cutting up the nice lean boneless pork chops and fetching stuff. Very tasty. I’m not sure how Chinese restaurants make money on the stuff. Took us a while, lots of ingredients and made a disaster in the kitchen. Might get some pictures when we have some of the huge amount of left overs out.

I sipped Bells Two Hearted ale and she had Magic Hat #9 After we sat out by the lake for a while to make sure there weren’t many of them left. Nice evening.

2 Likes

So to all the Fathers, Happy Fathers Day!!!
Just getting the charcoal ready for some smoky spare pork ribs… Got my dead south radio on Pandora… Very nice quiet afternoon… Aw nuts… mug is MT again… :beers:
Sneezles61

Just stir it in or scoop a little off but that “mold” is flavor

Same to you. I smoked 4 racks yesterday for lunch today. Mom and dad, my son and his GF, and my daughters.
And my wife. Great day.

1 Like

It was the dough, not the starter. I’m wasn’t sure how the rolls would turn out.
I actually forgot about it for two weeks.

For Fathers day I grilled myself hot dogs. Actually they are excellent locally made German franks. https://hofmannsausage.com/

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with that, I love me some good grilled dogs and those split top rolls are the best!