What did you cook today?

I was going to post a thought, full of Flars… But pulled back… Shame on me.
Flars did send 2 bottles of his Ambers to me… They were very good… So in honor of him, the simple extract home brewer, we should keep his brew soul alive…
As a collective group… Could we keep him and his charisma live?
Simple garden veggies, some grilled meats and extract Amber… He’d be happy… Sneezles61

Without Flars I don’t think I would have ever found out about Domino Dots to carb bottles. In the winter when I extract brew and use minimal equipment little things like that are very helpful.

He also knew the workings of the “new” forum better than almost everyone. Certainly better than I did.

1 Like

Has it been a year? Sneezles61

It sounded like he experimented with different processes quite a bit.

Yeah, I was thinking it was about this time last year we figured it out.

September of last year so almost a year.

1 Like

Not today but recently

1 Like

It got a little out of control in this picture but was incredible. Thanks Randy for raising such a nice cow.

3 Likes

I hope you got it under control

2 Likes

Fixed the issue by moving the chain up. Each night that fire pit produced better results. We did a roast in the dutch oven with an 8 below (charcoal) and 5 on top of the lid for an afternoon and it was the best roast ever.

I have a similar tripod

I made chicken and sausage gumbo today. Maybe I’ll take a pic of the leftovers tomorrow…or the next day…I made a lot.

1 Like

Looks great.

Good morning brisket

3 Likes

Got one planned for Saturday. Labor Day weekend, opening of college football, supposed to be fantastic weather… couldn’t ask for more!

1 Like

2 Likes

It’s amazing how much they shrink! Sneezles61

1 Like

Just fired up my smoker to get the heat ready. Tomorrow around 5am the coals will be hot and ready for the chips and I’ll add the brisket.

Getting geared up for the games!

3 Likes

I have a couple of racks of ribs in the fridge destined for my smoker. Just need a non-rainy day.

1 Like