What are you drinking now

Other Half and Verdant collaboration
Wheat Dreams are Made of These
Imperial Wheat IPA at 8%

Note: I notice nobody on here clicks on embedded links. Y’all too saucy to bother

1 Like

Oh, I know who Other Half is, you lucky dog!

They were having a can sale as I was walking by to go home and there was a tiny line. I never heard of Verdant but if I’m ever across the pond…

We are a couple of hours from Cooperstown. I have been to the hall of fame but sadly never Ommegang. I don’t think they were in business when I was at the hall of fame.

Every year they have a Belgium Comes to Cooperstown festival that sells out in minutes. After some renovations it was cancelled for this summer but will return next year. Tickets sell out in minutes I understand. They allow camping, with no connections so you do not have to drive. I really wanted to go some year but we sold our RV and tent camping is not an option for us.

2 Likes

Book at the Brewery Place Inn up the road. Maybe a year in advance :wink:

2 Likes

Homebrew isn’t quite carbed so here’s a couple bangers from last night. Tired Hands Extra Vanilla Milkshake and Dancing Gnome Beyond Infinity. @squeegeethree did u happen to pick anything else up at OH? Saw they were dropping cans like every day this week.

2 Likes

I wish I did. I drank 3 cans of that 4 pack last night with my wife drinking the 4th. I picked that wheat IPA because at 8% it was the lowest alcohol (and price).

That’s the only 1 I wasn’t interested in so far this week. You’re right though, they’ve been doing nothing but big beers lately. 8% is the upper range of my likings.

Love the glassware!

We have a brewery nearby, Adroit Theory, ( https://www.adroit-theory.com/ ) that I love but they brew lots of big beers too.

The glasses make the beer taste so much better too :wink:

I just looked at Adroit Theory taplist and was interested until I saw those prices. Holy crap, $10 per pint! Looks like decent beers as far as untappd ratings go but damn.

You laugh but it’s true. I went to cooking school and one of the things I was taught is with a great presentation you can get away with mediocre food but poor presentation with great food not so much. Presentation matters.

1 Like

That’s Northern Virginia for you. At least you get a pint there most of the time and they’re exceptionally well crafted beers. Cool tap room too. Industrial vibe and metal music. I’ve always been impressed with their packaging too. Very cool artwork on the labels.

Coco Banana Blonde/Amber

4 Likes

A blonde Amber? A black IPA? What’s next

2 Likes

It started out blonde after the Banana and coco turned alittle amber :grin:

1 Like

Kind of a tanned blonde

3 Likes

Grimm : Psychokinesis
Foeder - Fermented Dry-Hopped Sour Ale

It is a very sour but clean and well balanced with the bitter of the hop. 5.3%

1 Like

Grimm : Full Frequency
Mixed Culture Berliner Weisse Style with Rhubarb and Apricot 3%

Truly crushable, the Rhubarb is understated allowing the apricot to just come through. I’m not getting any Brett in this one so I suppose the mix culture is bacterial. I wish they sold them in cans

1 Like

I had a nice sour called Spry. It was rubarb and staghorn sumac. It’s Kent Falls brewery and a collaboration with a Russian Brewer. No really

1 Like

Grimm has been putting out some great beers lately!!

1 Like