What are you drinking now

Aquarium is 55g with lots of plants. We have a waterlily in bloom at the moment. Fresh water fish and shrimp

My first Kriek, bottled in 2018, was opened tonight for the in-laws. Not enough carbonation be still amazing. Very cherry.

3 Likes

Someone gave me a six of these. Dry hopped with Mosaic has a dry finish. Goes down smooth. Its well done. I used to think a hazy ipa was a NEIPA but they are alot different

1 Like

Flensburger is obviously serious about the clarity of their Pilsner, as any self respecting brewer would be. First time I’ve had this. Has a similar taste profile to Urquell. Not wild about the 11oz bottle but it’s a damn good pils.

6 Likes

3 Floyds Barbarian Haze IPA.
Double Dry Hopped
6.5% IBU:42

You can see that hop residue in there. It’s amazing

3 Likes

Bohemian Pilsner

6 Likes

Very odd layer betwixt the brew and the head… :grin:
Sneezles61

1 Like

Ginger Snap Saison from our host.

3 Likes

I wonder how he got that fabulous blue color? :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

You guys are jelous that i nailed the pour. A lot of practice

4 Likes

Donkey Rodeo, annual Mexican lager from Belly Love Brewing in Purcellville, VA. The head is less than impressive but it could be my glassware. It’s nicely carbonated, very very light malt aroma as you’d expect for the style. Nice light body, smooth, easy drinking, well balanced lager. I’m working on a Mexican lager recipe right now. At 5.8 this is a little higher abv than I’m shooting for. Probably keep mine under 5% so I can drink more. I’d drink a bunch of these if I could but probably would have a nap before I finish the second crowler.

4 Likes

Mexican Lager has become my fav style to brew. I can make it a little ‘heavier’ than mass consumed offerings while keeping the ‘drinkability’ AND more flavor. I keep mine around 5% as I like to drink them, especially for drinking sessions.

2 Likes

Basically a Vienna lager with a little maize, right? Maybe different yeast.

I use predominantly Pilsner malt and equal amounts flaked maize, 2 row, and Vienna malt.

I found this on commercial Mexican (primarily)lagers, interesting and funny read:

So if you’ve never tasted any of these beers and read this review you’d have the opinion that all mexican lagers suck. Personally, I think they’re way too harsh on the Modelo beers. Sol dos suck IMHO. Pacifico is ok but matches most of their other descriptions for me…bland, tasteless… Proving once again it’s all about individual tastes.

I thought the same thing…especially Modelo Negra…pretty decent beer. They didn’t do Bohemia which is one I like…
I think the Mexican lager is more of an ideal in the home brewers mind. Most of us probably could make a better Mexican lager than we could buy(my opinion)…interesting in that some of our domestic/ US versions of Mexican lager score higher.

For me Sol Pacifica Tecate and anything by Corona is undrinkable. Modela dark and Dos XXs dark i may order but i still think they used to be better. But that was before good beer was available. I make a Mexican lager that i enjoy

1 Like

Although a funny read I think there was a little too much satire in the writing. I admit I’m not familiar with the Author or any of their beer ratings so that might be part of it. Just felt like a little disservice.
Reality is they were tasting and writing about the BMC of Mexico. They are massed produced and targeting a mass population who likes the same crap here! That’s why all the craft beers did so well.
Sitting at a beach house with a pool and beach I have no problems drinking Modelo. I mean after all I’m already a sixer of a craft beer in and I plan on imbibing much more throughout the evening so…

2 Likes

Hope your not driving

2 Likes