What are you drinking now

I like them raw on the half shell

1 Like

Did some oysters on the half shell in Texas last year. Same result. :weary:

I’m a big fan of any animal that goes moo… :grin:
Sneezles61

2 Likes

So you best stay away from shellfish. I didn’t grow up eating seafood we lived inland and ate meat and potatoes and occasionally some canned string beans. Met my wife she took me to cape cod and started me on the joy of fresh caught seafood. Hitch hiked to Bar Harbor one summer and lived in a tool shed behind a seafood place where we washed dishes and traded for the shed and meals plus $1 an hr. We would bring bags of leftover steamers to the green after work and trade fo beer with the other street people. Free lobster, scallops. We were across the street from the fishing fleet. Man could those guys drink beer.

5 Likes

What was on Casey Kasem’s top 40 in the background?

The only music we got in the kitchen was some static out of Bangor

I prefer my clams cooked but I can go through a couple dozen raw oysters in no time if someone else is shucking them!

If I was nearer a constant source of clams and oysters I would invest in one of these…

Thats cool but i learned to shuck and enjoy showing off. Give me a raw bar clams oysters maybe a few shrimp with a Sam Summer and I’m a happy man. Used to great place near here that ran a nice weekday special. They closed during the pando

1 Like

I spent all of 2013 working in central Florida and rented a house in Eustis (we called it useless) in Lake County. We were right on Lake Eustis and it was a great little spot but other than that I didn’t care for the area at all. The one and only thing I miss about the place is a little dive called the Oyster Troff walking distance from tour house. Sam’s seasonal was the best beer on tap. You could get a bucket of oysters (usually a couple dozen depending on size) for about $20 during happy hour and they shucked them fresh in front of you at the bar. I had not been a fan of warm water oysters before that but the Apalachicola River oysters were big, juicy and sweet and they got them fresh daily.

I didn’t know you could get warm water oysters. I didn’t even know they had lobster with no claws

NE and NW pacific oysters are considered cold water of course and I’m not sure where the actual line is drawn or if it’s seasonal but of course gulf oysters are considered warm water. My grandmother used to say never eat oysters in a month without an r in the name due to concerns of bacteria. Of course we lived in KY which was pretty far from the source. We have great oysters along the coast here in VA but they’re very small. Judging by how the atlantic feels around here those may not be considered warm water… The gulf oysters are bigger warm water oysters but more susceptible to the bacteria as well.

The US actually tried to ban warm water oysters from being sold raw. I guess that failed.

In CO they push those rock mountain oysters.

2 Likes

2019 cider i think im going to always let the cider sit for a year.

2 Likes

Picture is fuzzy and i dumped the dregs in that glass but super clear

Do you back sweeten it or add fruit?

No i don’t sweeten i prefer it naturally tart. I do add raisons and brown sugar

1 Like

Now to dig up Chevy Chase eating Rocky Mountain oysters… :joy: Lampoon family vacation… :joy:
I like Cider to finish below1.000… then served at 12 psi’s… Champagne style… Ice cold enough to crack yer teeth…
Sneezles61

That’s a shame…I’ve heard there are problems now there with low harvest, but Apalachicola Bay oysters were awesome when we went up there in the 90’s and 2000’s …huge and juicy!

Are you using the raisins for yeast for fermentation?