What are you drinking now

3 Flyods Zombie Dust

1 Like

Trying my new decanter my Merlot

4 Likes

I had some Zombie Dust over the weekend. Been awhile but I remember it being much better.

1 Like

It’s good, a well rounded beer but nothing over the top. I like the malt profile more than the hop profile.

I’d love to get some Pliny… fresh from the tap…
Sneezles61

Meet you at Toronado’s in Haight-Ashbury, SF.
https://www.toronado.com/whats-on-tap/

1 Like

I’m in…see you boys next Tuesday. Adding a couple days for motorcycle touring along the way…

1 Like

Wait… yer driving yer bike down there?
Sneezles61

3 Likes

All that syrup… And a beautiful, frothy schooner of brew… That is a slice of heaven right there!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Do you go by weight, temp, gravity, or the spoon test to determine when it’s syrup?

Mostly temperature but i can see the boil change. I also watch it sheet. I don’t have a refractometer but should get one. I check the OG so i can kind of calculate. If its less than 1.010 it takes to much boiling

Danny Boy’s Dry Irish Stout. Brewed Feb 2019. I haven’t tasted it since last St Paddy’s but a friend of my daughter had a couple at Thanksgiving and liked it.

Cold conditioning has improved it for sure. Dry smooth but retains the roasty flavor. Bigger mouth feel than I remember for this beer. I think I’ll have a few of these fast forwarding through the recorded Grammies from last weekend for the good performances.

3 Likes

mmmmmm beer… (Homer Simpson style)…
And yet, another piece of eye candy!
Sneezles61

I got a small jar of Kopi luwak (aka Civet Coffee) for my birthday. I can see why this is a desirable coffee and at times the most expensive coffee in the world. It smells the berries and melons. Very unusual and delicious if you can get past the method it is produced by.

2 Likes

You have sooo much cultural stuff over there Squeegee… We are thrilled to be able to make more than one side dish out of potatoes…
How shall I say “thank you” for the bits and pieces of cultural eye opening?
Sneezles61

1 Like

:blush: Speaking of potatoes, Green Giant has been marketing Peruvian Purple Potatoes . Have you seen those in your grocery store? They really make a colorful change to a potato dish. Since it’s Green Giant one should be able to find them anywhere.

We grew some many years ago… Just for novelty sake…
Sneezles61

1 Like

It’s fantastic isn’t it? I still have a few ounces stashed away from our trip to Bali 2 years ago. How have you been brewing it?

Nothing like a good cat-poop-ccino to get you going in the morning. haha

I used a french press. I have enough for a second pot. It really is a treat.