WET Hop Beer Question

Brewing a Wet Hop IPA this weekend with some Centennial and cascade. I have heard from a bunch of people that i should not use these as my bittering hops and should not boil them for the full 60. If i use a pellet what should i use? does it matter? Will some hops take away from the “wet” flavor/aroma? I understand that I cant call this a WET if I do this, but my main objection is to just make a tasty beer. Its been a YEAR! Since I last brewed! (SHAME!) :shock:

I just did a wet hop myself. I did an all Centennial pale ale. Anyway I used Centennial pellets @ 60 min. I have no idea the AA of my homegrown Centennial’s so I figured I’d add these just to make sure I did get something from the brew. I’m still gonna call and consider this a wet hop. To answer your questions, use magnum or something along those lines for bittering, that will allow the other hops to stand out more. I used 10oz of wet.

i vote that you can still call it a wet hopped beer because it is pretty common knowledge that most people still use pellets for 60 minute additions. Just dump in a bunch at 15, 5 and flameout.