Westbrook Mexican Cake Imperial Stout

I got a 650 ml bottle as payment for helping a friend with a poster design.
Westbrook Mexican Cake Imperial Stout comes in at 10.5% with speciality ingredients of cocoa nibs, vanilla beans, cinnamon and habanero peppers. This jet black stout has thin coffee colored head. The dense mouthfeel coats your tongue with the cocoa and vanilla which opens into a cinnamon tingle. The habanero peppers are the pop that let you notice a bit of heat before fading back into cinnamon and cocoa.

I have made several attempts at cocoa and vanilla and never got it this good. I think the peppers here are perfect and cannot imagine how many batches I would have to ruin in order to get this close to their perfection.

Might not be ruined. You might come up with some very drinkable beers on the way. At first I thought the peppers would be terrible in a stout but after thinking about it I can see how they would really bring out some of the other tastes. Love to try one of those. Sorry I didn’t know about it when we were in Charleston.

Wholefoods in my area has an amazing beers section. My friend said they had this there but by the time I got there it was gone.

I think balance with the peppers is key. They have it here via the imperial levels of maltiness and mouthfeel.