West Coast Radical Red Ale extract kit: did I get the right grain?

HI. I just received the NB Radical Red Ale extract kit. The instructions say the kit includes specialty grains 1.25 lb crystal rye and .625 lb Belgian cara. The included grain bag says “West Coast Rad Red Grain Blend”, but there’s no mention of crystal rye or Belgian cara. Is this the right grain? All the other ingredients are included in the kit. Thanks!

Sounds like it’s labeled as a blend for the beer kit if I’m reading your post correctly. I would assume it’s correct but you could always email or chat with customer support to confirm. They don’t monitor this forum so you won’t likely get much more assurance here.

Thx, dannyboy58. That’s helpful. I’ll get in touch w/ NB. Have a great weekend.

1 Like

Typically, from what I remember of NB extract kits I ordered back in the day, the grains all came mixed together for your steep. If you wanted to double check, if you have a scale, you can weigh the bag and it should be right with everything added together.

:beers:
Rad

1 Like

Why do you think that it’s not the correct grains?

I’ll give that a try. Thx radagast!

The grain names in the instructions (crystal rye and belgian cara) didn’t match the name on the bag (WCRRGB). I’m guessing I was sent the correct grain, but just wanted to be sure. Thx loopie_beer.

Gotcha. I would believe that if the bag says West Coast Rad Red Grain Blend it would be correct. One nice thing is NB has top notch customer service so if you brew it up and aren’t happy reach out to them. Again, they do not monitor this forum.

I appreciate your assist (and your name), loopie_beer. Have a great week.

No problem. If you have any other questions feel free to ask away! Great group of people here that will help you out!