Weird!

Those of you from the Midwest will recall the usual release dates for Bell’s Hopslam?
Well imagine my surprise when I am tooling around Total Wine in Viera Fl this morning and run into a big display of Hopslam. Last year’s leftovers I think? NO. New release.

Marketing is king with Bell’s new owners apparently…… whereas I absolutely think it’s a good move, it’s just something Larry Bell would never do. Releasing hop slam for the holiday season is a stroke of genius, but indicates the new emphasis on profit.

2 Likes

I think he just didn’t want to grow too big too fast…. He did have a nice niche carved out around up here!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Kirin calls the shots now. It puts Hopslam in competition with other ubiquitous seasonal releases such as Anchor Christmas Ale and Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale, also on display.

I bought all three. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Well it opened in 1985 so he must be on the REAL SLOW PLAN in regards to expansion! :joy: I wonder if it had to do more with getting a quality product to most other states. When shipping far away you have to rely on many different components that yo don’t control that can be detrimental to the beer.

3 Likes

Yea, we were in MI for Thanksgiving and they had 4 packs in the grocery store for like $8 so I immediately texted my buddy in the neighborhood about it. He typically buys two cases a year when they release.

:beers:
Rad

Wow. That’s even more amazing…… and weeks earlier. Perhaps it will eventually be a year round beer like Sierra Nevada Torpedo…………,but I hope not.

1 Like

I like the seasonal rotation offerings… gets old having every choice just sitting there…
Sneezles61

1 Like

Yes, kind of like how Pumpkin beers have practically started to come out in July and Christmas seasonals in September. :roll_eyes: I won’t touch a pumpkin beer or an ofest before September. I do grab a sixer of Mad Elf every year from Troegs as soon as I see them because if I wait until December, they’re usually sold out anymore. I’ve been doing a vertical tasting of them for the past several years. 1 year is perfect, 4 years is past prime, but still tasty. I store them on my bottom shelf in the back of the basement with the other beers I age.

:beers:
Rad

2 Likes

Funny I just read an article that discussed breweries having too many choices could negatively effect their overall success. Guess people get ‘fatigued’ with too many choices. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Happy Christmas!!

3 Likes

Now there’s a bevy of brews!!
Sneezles61

1 Like