Was it really the beer?

On Saturday night I drank the last beer from a homebrew keg (it was a Pilsner if that matters) and noticed that it contained a lot more stuff than the previous beers. The beer was definitely cloudy but it tasted fine and I just figured it was some yeast that wouldn’t hurt me. Well on Sunday at about 4 AM, I started to question my decision to drink it. My body decided to cleanse itself for the next 24 hours and I’ve been fighting all week to get back to normal.

So my question is, was it really the beer? I ate and drank the same stuff as multiple other people. The only thing that I can think of that was different was that beer.

No way. Beer has been an alternative to potable water for a long time as the alcohol and pH don’t allow harmful microorganisms to survive. Just sounds like the stomach bug to me.

I’ve heard that drinking a lot of yeast can lead to gas. But if your talking about symptoms of full blown food Bourne illness then I doubt it was the beer. Did any one else there have similar symptoms could have been a food. Or you coincidentally got a flu bug at the same time and are trying to relate it. Drinking yeast or trub won’t make you ill. (irritate your stomach maybe). If the beer caused an illness then other people would have it also a food Bourne pathogen wouldn’t be isolated to the bottom of the keg

I agree with the others that it was probably a coincidence and you just got a bug of some sort. Did you have other symptoms other than fluid evacuation?

No one else got sick and we all ate the same things. As for getting sick, it was a stomach issue and it seemed like I had drank a bottle of laxative. I didn’t have any other symptoms that I would have expected from food poisoning or the flu.

I dont think that It had anything to do with the beer I drink Yeast filled glasses of beer all the time and I dont crap myself for the next 24 hours.

Somebody probably just didnt wash their hands after they wiped their butt then they went and touched your food. :slight_smile:

Being able to s%$t through a screen door is no fun… :o

Pretty confident it wasn’t the beer.
I’m not an MD (except having played one on TV) but I’d lay odds that it was that highly contagious stomach bug that has been running rampant of late.

http://www.decodedscience.com/norovirus-symptoms-2013-stomach-flu-bug-going-around/25151
http://www.cdc.gov/features/norovirus/

I would guess you may have been dehydrated, as a possible alternative to stomach bug

Woohoo, my doctor says it probably wasn’t the beer either. Where’s another glass of that yeasty goodness??

Oh wait, stomach bug = no beer drinking = this sucks.

[quote=“bistro37”]Woohoo, my doctor says it probably wasn’t the beer either. Where’s another glass of that yeasty goodness??

Oh wait, stomach bug = no beer drinking = this sucks.[/quote]

Says who?
I thought it was only if taking antibiotics.

[quote=“Stealthcruiser”][quote=“bistro37”]Woohoo, my doctor says it probably wasn’t the beer either. Where’s another glass of that yeasty goodness??

Oh wait, stomach bug = no beer drinking = this sucks.[/quote]

Says who?
I thought it was only if taking antibiotics.[/quote]

My doctor said that I can’t drink until I’m better. The alcohol will cause a set back.

Bummer…I’ll tip one for ya’ this weekend… :slight_smile: