VIP Code?

So whats the deal with the vip code I see on the back of the northern brewer catalog I’ve received? When I place orders on the website, there’s a place to enter this in. Whats it do?

I would be interested to know as well. So far I haven’t noticed that has done anything. Well I do end up feeling very important so may it is just to make us feel good. :smiley:

I think it might just be another way of listing the catalog code for the catalog you are ordering from.
It changes from one catalog to another.

But some catalogs I get (I get way too many btw) dont have the VIP code, its blank. So…whats going on

Not sure about the pupose of the VIP code…but I assume you all have received and read this email?

15% Off Beer Kits!

We are running a big sale on our entire beer kit selection from now until March 20th. Take 15% off any Extract, Partial Mash, All-Grain, and Pro Series Kit with the coupon code MakeGreatBeer. No limit to the number of kits you can buy! Now is the perfect time to get that big beer kit you’ve been eyeing, like the Bourbon Barrel Porter or Black IPA. Check out our complete selection of beer kits and stock up for Spring.

Cheers! :cheers:

and don’t forget that if you are an AHA member you get a discount too.

Military also gets a discount…10%, yes please!

Glad to hear it! Our service men and women deserve it!

[quote=“Jimmie322”]Not sure about the pupose of the VIP code…but I assume you all have received and read this email?

15% Off Beer Kits!

We are running a big sale on our entire beer kit selection from now until March 20th. Take 15% off any Extract, Partial Mash, All-Grain, and Pro Series Kit with the coupon code MakeGreatBeer. No limit to the number of kits you can buy! Now is the perfect time to get that big beer kit you’ve been eyeing, like the Bourbon Barrel Porter or Black IPA. Check out our complete selection of beer kits and stock up for Spring.

Cheers! :cheers: [/quote]

Yes, unfortunately the month AFTER I placed a $400 order. :frowning: I could have gotten 2 or 3 more kits!

Wow, that’s good to know. Finally got an AHA membership for Christmas.

Do you know what kind of discount NB offers with that?

The response I got was…

That code is sometimes printed onto the back side of our catalogs & is only a code used to track sales by our marketing team; it carries no discount.

Do you know what kind of discount NB offers with that?[/quote]
5% online, 10% in the store. My AHA membership has paid for itself many times over given how much I use the in store discount.

I asked the same thing once - and was told that it isn’t used for anything except for tracking sales.

The catalogs I get no don’t say VIP anymore - it’s something like “Customer Code” - I wonder if they got a lot of questions from people wondering about some sort of VIP discount.

Customer codes or VIP codes on catalogs are often ways that companies use to mark you as a “lead” in their system. When you purchase something and use the code, it makes the connection between the catalog they sent out and the order that was placed.

In the case that you never interacted with NB before, requesting a catalog via their site will get a customer code setup. If you order something after perusing the catalog and include the code, they know who you are, connect it to the catalog request, and also mark that a
Catalog produced an order for the marketing dept to get credit.

Do you know what kind of discount NB offers with that?[/quote]
5% online, 10% in the store. My AHA membership has paid for itself many times over given how much I use the in store discount.[/quote]
If you order online, add your AHA number and expiration date to the comments section. This will place you order on hold until they apply the discount to your order. In my experience the process has been very smooth and my recent orders have shipped out next day even with the very minor hold.