Ventmatic faucet: qaulity or garbage?

when I bought my super-duper starter kit, back in 2006 from NB, it came with one faucet: a ventmatic. It has its name, patent #, and a third number etched on the underbelly.

so, is it quality or garbage? I just got 3 perlick from santadude for my new keezer and was wondering if this is same, better, or worse quality. It does look nice with its chrome plated body and stainless steel removable spout.

any comments would be appreciated.

:cheers:

Nothing wrong with the Ventmatic, they’re a forward seal faucet like the Perlick. I have a couple of them and they work fine, I think I gave about $40 apiece for them. The reason you don’t see them around is they went out of business a few years back.

The Ventmatic guy was the one whom(sp?) invented them.

thanks guys. when compared with my perlicks, it does seem quality.

:cheers:

The Ventmatics had the best construction and finish out there until they went out of business and the Perlick Perl was released.

I have a collection of them and they are cherished :slight_smile:

They are complete garbage… Not to mention they are extremely dangerous. I am certified to dispose of them so PM me and i will give you my address. Then i can safely disassemble it for you.

Seriously do you want to get rid of your oddball ventmatic? When i set up my kegorator (around the same time as you got your VM) i only bought 2 Ventmatics with the plan of putting in a Nitro set up in a third hole. I’ve since decided i just want all three on CO2 but i can’t get a VM to complete me. They just don’t exist. I have a crappy rear sealing faucet on there now and its just sad. My current setup looks ghetto like 2 super hot chicks hanging out with there butt ugly cousin.

[quote=“BothFeet”]They are complete garbage… Not to mention they are extremely dangerous. I am certified to dispose of them so PM me and i will give you my address. Then i can safely disassemble it for you.

Seriously do you want to get rid of your oddball ventmatic? When i set up my kegorator (around the same time as you got your VM) i only bought 2 Ventmatics with the plan of putting in a Nitro set up in a third hole. I’ve since decided i just want all three on CO2 but i can’t get a VM to complete me. They just don’t exist. I have a crappy rear sealing faucet on there now and its just sad. My current setup looks ghetto like 2 super hot chicks hanging out with there butt ugly cousin.[/quote]

PM replied to.

cheers.