Using a two stage temp controller

Hello I have a ? about using a ranco dual temp controller for my brew’s. Now i don’t know if I ask this before but I try to figure out when a person need to use both the heating an the cooling at the same time. I have hear that during the summer that cooling is all you need an during the winter used the heating but if that the case why buy a dual temp controller …

Only time you would need to use the heating feature is when you need to raise the temp above ambient.

It seems like you answered your own question to me unless I’m missing something?

It seems like you answered your own question to me unless I’m missing something?

Sorry about all the post my phone didn’t show the post.

Here ya go:

-pitch at 63*
-exothermic reactions during fermentation try to raise temp of beer to 68, compressor kicks on to keep it at 63-64
-fermentation dies down, ambient air in chamber is cooler from trying to cool down the beer
-beer temp drops a few degrees and fermentation doesn’t completely finish

After sometimes as few as three days, I will pull a batch out of my ferm fridge (I only have a single stage controller) and let the temp of the beer/ferment warm up to 70-72 to ensure full attenuation.