Trip to San Francisco

Hey!

I’m taking my girlfriend on a trip to SF from June 30th to July 5th. Anyone have any suggestions for places to go? I’ll take any suggestions but I’m posting this here specifically for beer locations.

Toronado!

Russian River Brewery!

I spend a lot of time up in the City… Here are some of my favorite places:

Amsterdam Cafe- my favorite beer bar in the City, 20+ rotating taps, really friendly service, great beers.
21st Amendment Brewing near AT&T park (don’t go here when the Giants are playing it gets SLAMED)
Magnolia Brewing- in the Height, some very good beers, good food.
Toronado- huge selection of brews, but you do have to put up with REALLY rude service (this not just me they kinda take pride in it)
Church Key- pretty good gasto pub
City Beer Store- expensive but great bottle selection and tap selection. Almost all their taps are one offs or speciality stuff that is hard to find anywhere else.
The Sycamore- nice beer selection if you can put up with the hipster crowd.

In Oakland (short BART ride away):
BEER REVOLUTION- why all caps? Seriously one of the best beer bars in the COUNTRY. I think they have close to 60 to 70 rotating taps. Amazing selection. For me a don’t miss hands down. Don’t go on a Friday or Saturday night, it’s small so it can get a little busy. Most other times there isn’t a problem.
The Trappist- Just a couple blocks from Beer Rev. Really good selection of Belgian beers. Not my favorite place in the world BUT if you like Belgian beers they have the best selection in the Bay.

Day Trips:
Russian River- in Santa Rose, its Russian RIver, it rules…
Beer Republic- another big name, great beer.
Lagunitas- another big name. Don’t like there beers as much as I use to but they are good, and their beer garden is fun. Often great live music on the weekends. They do tours.
Iron Springs- Love this place. I don’t get up there enough, but it’s a great brew pub.

There are many, many more. I help organize a local beer meet up group: Bay Area Beer Socials (on meetup.com), so feel free to hit me up if you need anymore information. :cheers:

I was just there…here is a good day for me…

We started out at Marin brewery…then went to Lagunitas and then ended the day at Russian River and stayed up there for the night.

Have a fun trip.

21st Amendment and don’t leave without trying the watermelon wheat beer

I would vote for the Anchor Brewing tour, one of the best I’ve ever been on. If you do it, plan ahead and schedule your tour online, they fill up weeks in advance.