Trappist ale under pressure, help?

This is my third homebrew and the most disaster prone one. I started my primary fermintation in a bucket, due to having issues keeping it properly sealed it got moved to a carboy after one day in the bucket. After a half a day in the carboy no bubbling was observed, but I wasn’t too concerned. 36 hours after that I checked on it again, foam had risen up into the bubbler airlock which was then clogged and not bubbling. My beer is rolling, I see sediment being kicked up by what I’m assuming is my now somewhat carbonated beer. I cleaner out the bubbler airlock and it’s blooping away at a nice clip, but my beer is still moving around pretty actively. Has anyone seen this before? Is my beer ruined? Any adive would be appreciated!

Totally normal.
In the future don’t worry if your bucket doesn’t seal, it doesn’t have to. Some breweries ferment in open fermenters (in “clean rooms”).

Completely normal. Really active fermentations are really crazy looking. There’s stuff flying all over the place. Almost looks like a slow boil.

Thanks I’m quite relieved! It would have been a sad thing to have wasted all that potential.

Watch those fermentation temps, you don’t want it to be too fruity.

How does temperature relate to the fruitiness of the beer? It’s fermenting in my living room which at it’s warmest is 73 and gets to 68 ish while everyone is out of the house.

I really suggest picking up a basic home brewers book, such as “how to brew”, that book will answer all your questions.

The warmer the ferment the more fruity the result. And fermentation generates heat so the beer is probably several degrees warmer than ambient temps. depending on your yeast, you might not want it fermenting at 73F ambient = 78F beer temp. Trappist ales are a little fruity anyway so hopefully you’ll be fine. They are also higher ABV and a higher graivty wort just ferments that much faster and gets even warmer.

Google How To Brew, its a free online book by John Palmer.

Also I am of the opinion that stable temps are more important than a specific temp. Yeast do not like temperature jumps all over the place any more than you do. So, I’d elect to ferment at a consistent 72 (a little too warm) versus bouncing between 60 and 68 over the course of a day.