Trappist Ale direct from Mass. abbey

Interesting. Have to try to find some.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/201 ... story.html

That does sound interesting. Being that the wholesaler is in Delaware, maybe I’ll be able to get ahold of some. My son works for a large liquor store so I’ll have them make some inquiries.

Guidelines: state of the art facility, hire brewing engineer, brew only one kind of beer for first five years.

Now I want to buy and read Brew Like A Monk.

They did go big right out of the gate. Must be a 150bbl system at least, and lots of fermenters and bright tanks.

Too bad I’m not a fan of triples.

[quote=“tom sawyer”]They did go big right out of the gate. Must be a 150bbl system at least, and lots of fermenters and bright tanks.

Too bad I’m not a fan of triples.[/quote]
I think they’re making a BPA, not a Tripel. Now to find some…

[quote=“Hades”][quote=“tom sawyer”]They did go big right out of the gate. Must be a 150bbl system at least, and lots of fermenters and bright tanks.

Too bad I’m not a fan of triples.[/quote]
I think they’re making a BPA, not a Tripel. Now to find some…[/quote]

There is a bit of confusion in the reports. I definitely read that it is a tripel. I also saw 6.5% ABV which is a bit light for a tripel. Another thing I read said It was based on a Patersbier.

I have to agree BPA seems most likely. Also, they’re looking to make some money, and BPA is going to be more commercially successful.

Very interesting and very deja vu.

I recently completed my MBA with a concentration in project management. For my major project, which actually extended over three PM classes and three semesters, I developed an unsolicited project plan to create a small brewery for our Cistercian Monastery. Profits to offset the cost of running the monastery and private school.

Our first brew is a Patersbeir, of course.

Cheers.

Wonder where all the money for equipment will come from?

Wonder where all the money for equipment will come from?[/quote]
Internally, the Catholic Church works like the Mafia. If they don’t turn a profit, the bishop will send in nuns to break some legs. You don’t just go “robbin’ Peter,” especially Saint Peter; know what I mean? Fuggetaboutit!