Town Becomes a Beer Ad, but Residents Don’t Feel Like a Part

Hello Everyone,

Anheuser-Busch once again sets the standard for “Kepping it Classy”:

Town Becomes a Beer Ad, but Residents Don’t Feel Like a Party

Guess now we know where they are having their secret city party. I’m one for a nice event but it seems like instead of creating a city “like the add said” they are disrespecting the city they are leasing. I think I’d rather go to the town they chose as is, instead of a frat party piss water (aka Lite anything) drinking fest.

This has to be one of the stupidest advertising stunts ever.
Reminiscent of ‘New Coke’, I hope this campaign falls on it’s arsh.

I think we should all stop drinking bud.

I honestly can’t remember the last time I drank a Bud, or a Millers, or a Coors for that matter. It’s been years, in any event…

I honestly can’t remember the last time I drank a Bud, or a Millers, or a Coors for that matter. It’s been years, in any event…[/quote]

Strangely, I vividly remember my last. I had one Bud Light at The Baranov bar in Seattle, in 2001. Even then, I never drank that crap, but I thought I’d slum it ironically. Worst headache ever. I’m no huge snob, I’ll have a Pabst, a rolling rock, or Tecate on a hot day, but never again with Bud.

I actually don’t mind a Budweiser if it is 4-6 of them while out playing golf in the beating sun. Bud Lite I can’t stand no matter what.

As far as this actual topic, I watch a lot of football (sorry to my wife…) and they had what I think are the 1st round of ads for this on a lot this weekend. Looks stupid, and honestly by the time they get to the actual final ads I think most people will have lost interest anyway. attention span is too short for us to try to follow some multi week / multi advertisment story (smile…)

and again the ads themselves, or at least the 1st one, looks stupid

My nephew won an all expenses-paid trip to this. He had a blast! Ah, to be 20-something and single…

now that part is cool. I guess I missed the memo where they were looking for guys in their mid 40’s with 3 kids ha ha

now that part is cool. I guess I missed the memo where they were looking for guys in their mid 40’s with 3 kids ha ha[/quote]

He said that there was people just like that who attended, and on the plane ride home all they did was “sit on their high horses and [complain] about waiting in line and other stupid [things].”

[Curse words sanitized for your protection.]

Ah, to be 20-something, single and appreciative of a free weekend of awesomeness…

Wait, there was a line for bud light? Just kidding. Some people drink it and that’s cool but I think beer drinkers in America are starting to mature. Went to a party in June with about 50 people attending. There was a keg of bud light. It never got finished.

Saw the news this morning. They were complaining about how long it took to get out. There might be new Mayor in town next election day.

I know what some of the folks of Crested Butte are thinking. 6 mos I live along the front range in Colo which is mostly like the inside of an ant hill anymore. The other 6 is a small community of less than 20 ( year round residents) in the Snowy Range of Wyo. Nearest town is 20 miles and 2K foot drop to the high planes called Saratoga. It’s about 1500 pop like C.B. Most people like things to stay that way. It’s nice to have people stop and talk to you on the street and people wave as you drive down the road. I can wear my 44’ into town and nobody cares because it’s natural and I see others that do, but mostly I don’t need to. A very peace full way of life. A rancher might block the street with his pick-up and horse trailer to get to the parts house and nobody gripes or cares. People put a lot of trust in a mans word. As far as Bud, I don’t need to comment.