Toasted coconut porter ..FAIL

Added two pounds of toasted coconut flakes to my secondary then I racked my great tasting porter directly on top. I attempted to keg it today…what a fun time I had with my siphon hose full of big chunks of freakin coconut :shock: . Next time I will for sure use a muslin bag. Anyone else ever have this type of thing happen ??

Yesterday I bottled a coconut wheat beer. Last time I also had a problem so I used a hop bag tied around the lower end of my racking cane.

Yesterday I bottled a coconut wheat beer. Last time I also had a problem so I used a hop bag tied around the lower end of my racking cane.[/quote]

Willing to share more on what you did for this one?

Yesterday I bottled a coconut wheat beer. Last time I also had a problem so I used a hop bag tied around the lower end of my racking cane.[/quote]

Willing to share more on what you did for this one?[/quote]

Don’t have the recipe with me. I’ll bring it with me one day next week (I’m at the library).
I used large flakes of dried unsweetened coconut plus I boiled a hop bag and tied it on the end of the racking cane.

Willing to share more on what you did for this one?[/quote]

Did you mean the actual recipe or just what I did to deal with the coconut?

Great idea ! For some reason I was thinking the coconut flakes would play nice and stay at the top while racking. Next time I will use a hop bag. What did you use to tie it to your racking cane ?

I used large flakes from Fred Meyer which mostly did stay at the top. The hop bags I use have drawstrings to close them, I just inserted the end of the racking cane before tying the strings closed.