The ipa trend

And years ago, rolling rock was an inexpensive brew… Now it’s up with the craft brews on the shelves and price… Sneezles 61

I think even PBR has raised their prices. It’s all the millenials’ fault or the hipsters…one of those younger age groups that old farts like me are supposed to complain about.

1 Like

PBR is getting expensive. Up to $0.55 a can by the 30 pack around here.

Guys, I just got back from Vegas. I don’t want to hear about overpriced beer… two bottles of water were $11. Crap beer was $6 a can.

Ubes, you’d better off with the cheap brew then… I suspect its 3.2 also? Sneezles61

1 Like

What a great country we live in. Beer is cheaper than water and gas is cheaper than both. Can’t be better than that

1 Like

We rode to the Sturgis motorcycle rally one year and similarly the water was $3 and beer $2. Gotta love it!

Damn tell me. Went to guns and roses in lasvegas. At the concert bar. 8$ for a shitty beer

Good thing i dont drink so much water stick to the beer and diet coke

1 Like

Me did some research. About the craft beer prices. Few weeks ago. A craft beer. Size glass a pint. In holland around 4.50 to 6.50 euro. Usa. About. 4.50 to 8 dollar. Here on bonaire at the brewery. 5.50 to 6.0 dollar. Think prices not so bad. For a craft beer. Compared to heineken. Amstel. Polar beer. Bottle price. 4.50 dollar. Here on the island

Here in Michigan bought a six of “local” craft beer (Grand Armory Brewing - Wheezin’ the Juice) for $12 at the grocery store. At the local golf course a pint was $5. Looking at trying to make something similar for < $1.00. Don’t get me wrong though, I still buy the local stuff too! :yum:

1 Like

Me buy the polar at work. Nice drink nothing special. Helps when ya want a beer when its hot. 36 bottles 20$

Then you’re going to the wrong brewpubs! Sure, I see lots of IPAs and I’m fine with that. But at least around here there’s lots of variety also.

Plenty of breweries around here with variety I’m saying most of the bars/pubs around here are top heavy with ipa. Hey there going to stock what sells and I have no problem with it. As far as price goes most breweries around here are about $4-$5 a pint. Bars are $1 or $2 higher.

I’ll bet that shortly after the hp harvest, the IPA’s are what most people dream about, in Denny’s neck of the woods… Being right next to the premium hops fields… I appreciate the NW IPA’s best… Sneezles61

1 Like

One of the top IPAs I’ve ever had is Bale Breaker’s Top Cutter. They started as a hop farm (still are a huge farm) and built the brewery in the middle of a hop filed. Talk about fresh!

I put hops & beer in the same category as hot sauce & chicken wings. I love them when they are modifying the flavor of the beer I’m drinking or the wings I’m eating. However, when you can’t taste the beer because of the hops or the chicken because of the hot sauce, then what’s the point other than being able to hype the hoppiest beer or the hottest wings?

4 Likes

Hear hear!

I had a jacks Abbey fire in the ham tasted like bbq