The bottling wand and picnic hose bottling technique

Not dissimilar to The Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique.

After trying this to fill a growler and having great carbonated beer a few hours later, I figured I would take my shot and try it to bottle a few bottles from a keg that I was taking to the conference last week.

Anyone want to buy a Blichmann Beer Gun?

I will need to see how much carb the bottles maintained, but sweet Jesus how easy that was compared to the PIA of hooking up and using the beer gun.

“But Pietro, with the beer gun you can CO2-purge the bottles!”

My only possible explanation for the tried-and-true “cap on foam” process is so that foam creates a CO2 blanket over the beer in the bottles. I am going to go out on a limb and state that if you think CO2-purging is going to make THAT much of a difference, then, fine, keep your beer gun.

[quote=“Pietro”]I am going to go out on a limb and state that if you think CO2-purging is going to make THAT much of a difference, then, fine, keep your beer gun.[/quote]Or use a picnic tap and wand attached to your CO2 regulator to purge the bottles first. I’ve been filling bottles with the tap + wand for a long time and have no complaints from anyone (for the 2L size) and have recently started filling 12-oz bottles with just the tap and it works too.