Surly Furious Extract Dry Hop?

Hello - quick question, i am brewing the NB surly furious extract kit and wondered if I do 2 weeks in a secondary fermentor THEN an additional two weeks of dry hop, or if i Dry hop during those two weeks.

A little confused on the instructions in the PDF vs some of the links I have read online.

Here is the link to the PDF. http://www.northernbrewer.com/documenta … _Surly.pdf

Thanks in advance.

Joe

The instructions give the beer this timeline:
2 week primary fermentation
2 week secondary (dry hop)
2 week bottle condition
6 weeks total.

If you’re going to bottle, you could skip secondary altogether, dry hop in the primary around week 3 and bottle it up on week 4. Be sure to take gravity readings to be 100% sure that fermentation is done before moving on to the dry hop.

[quote=“mvsawyer”]The instructions give the beer this timeline:
2 week primary fermentation
2 week secondary (dry hop)
2 week bottle condition
6 weeks total.

If you’re going to bottle, you could skip secondary altogether, dry hop in the primary around week 3 and bottle it up on week 4. Be sure to take gravity readings to be 100% sure that fermentation is done before moving on to the dry hop.[/quote]

Cool thanks I will be bottling but i still will , so I will make sure fermentation is done, transfer to secondary, dry hop 2 weeks, and the into the bottle.

Thanks.

Joe

I DH for 10 days max. Usually only 7. I’ve heard/read that longer can make the beer taste grassy and I don’t wanna take that chance :wink: