Suggestions for new equipment?

We have a retail shop and are dead at christmas so we celebrate in January. The missus is asking for gift ideas and I am wondering if I should ask for a brew toy. Not much comes to mind though. I batch sparge with a by the book Denny cheap and easy cooler. I have a really good rheostat thermometer and do gravity with a hydometer. I ferment in 8 gallon buckets and bottle and rack using a basic cane. Not interested in kegging.

I aerate using a drill and a paint paddle and make my starters using the vigorous shaking method. I’m generally happy with the results from both and am therefore not really interested in a stir plate or oxygenation system. I also have a good immersion chiller. Don’t brew enough to need a mill and am happy using existing recipes so not looking for software either.

Any suggestions for something in the $50-100 range that would make my brewing easier or my beer better or have I exhausted the possibilities?

What do you do for temp control? Maybe a digital temp controller?

do you have a propane burner?

Thanks for the suggestions. I have a bayou classic burner. As far as temp control, the breakfast nook stays 57-60 in Nov-April when I do the bulk of my brewing. In the warmer months, my basement is in that range. I’m not particularly interested in lagers, so I don’t need anything colder. I wouldn’t mind a way to raise temps for Belgians.

a couple 3 gallon carboys for high gravity beers or split batches could be fun

+1 I brewed a 2.5 gal beer today with a bag in my pressure canner. Quick, inside all day, except to mill the grain.

I’m kind of in the same boat, what I have works great. A pump would be nice, and I have plans to build a fermentation room.

My wife bought me a cheesemaking kit. I have two aging and have bought/made more equipment.

I’ve discovered another obsession. :roll:

[quote=“mrv”]

My wife bought me a cheesemaking kit. I have two aging and have bought/made more equipment.

I’ve discovered another obsession. :roll: [/quote]

Funny that you mention the cheese making kit, we are planning on getting one for my son. It’s just the kind of thing I like to do, but I don’t have enough time for the hobbies I have. It will have to wait until I retire or we sell my wife’s shop.