Stone 12/21/12 IPA

Just got my hands on two bombers. My local package store had a set limit of two. Any reviews? I will later on when I try one.

Very good. Extremely hoppy (I just watched a little video at the Stone website - they say it’s lightly bittered with Super Galena extract, than hopbursted with Simcoe, Citra, Amarillo, Motueka, and a couple more I can’t remember, late boil and whirlpool, then dry hopped with Nelson Sauvin and Galaxy, 1 lb/barrel.) and very smooth for a near 10% beer. It’s golden, very pale, and with little sweetness. Nice dry finish. It seems to be mostly 2-row, with little caramel malt. Well worth the $5.99/bomber. Typical Stone beer: awesome.

Just tried the 12/21/12 IPA. Loved it! Hop bomb, with smooth finish. Very well balanced for a high abv IPA.

That’s what I thought. One of the things I really like about Stone is that they don’t overdo the caramel malt in their pale ales and IPAs. Myself, I think IPAs are fine with no c-malt at all.

I had some at GABF…Stone made another great IPA.

This was superb! IMO best IPA I have ever had… TOTAL hop bomb, but is was great!

+1 awesome beer on tap and in cans. I got a recipe I brew that’s vary vary close to it secret is cold steeping some of the dark grains. Dannyboy I’m curious about you recipe that you used for yours. If you wouldn’t mind sharing it with us.