Starting Back Up

Well it’s been a long 18 months since I lasted brewed. Hitting the LHBS this weekend to get some supplies. I plan on brewing Ken Lenard’s Memory Lapse Pale Ale. :cheers:

Welcome back to the hobby and the sweet smell of wort.

And the hops!!! :slight_smile:

All of Ken’s recipes resonate well with me and my crew. I have his red lager in my primary in the lager chest right now!

Welcome back to a great hobby.

:cheers:

What was the 18 month term for? :slight_smile:

Had major surgery for cancer. Lost about half my liver but has since grown back. Doing well and I should live for many years. You have to appreciate modern medicine. If I had gotten it 5 years earlier I probably would not be here. I have a rare type of cancer that can be treated. Also I moved a few months ago. Of course I’ll be taking it easy on the brews.

[quote=“Azu”]
Had major surgery for cancer. Lost about half my liver but has since grown back. Doing well and I should live for many years. You have to appreciate modern medicine. If I had gotten it 5 years earlier I probably would not be here. I have a rare type of cancer that can be treated. Also I moved a few months ago. Of course I’ll be taking it easy on the brews.[/quote]
The human body is an amazing thing. That first homebrew is going to taste fantastic. You deserve it!

Had major surgery for cancer. Lost about half my liver but has since grown back. Doing well and I should live for many years. You have to appreciate modern medicine. If I had gotten it 5 years earlier I probably would not be here. I have a rare type of cancer that can be treated. Also I moved a few months ago. Of course I’ll be taking it easy on the brews.[/quote]
I will tip my glass to your recovery! Welcome back. :cheers:

[quote=“sqhead”]
I will tip my glass to your recovery! Welcome back. :cheers: [/quote]

+++1 here. Welcome back to the obsession. May you have many, many years of homebrewing.

I’m halfway through a keg of Kens’ Memory Lapse right now and it’s pretty damn good. It turned out a bit darker than the picture he posted but it’s probably because I made an extract version. Damn tasty though. Especially during or right after yard work.

Go Skins! (it IS Sunday…)