Starting a brewery

Hey guys, My friend and I are planning to start a brewery in our city soon. We have been discussing starting a business for one year, and finally, we decided to start a brewery. My friend had some experience in the field, so we thought it’ll be a suitable business for us. We have fixed an area where the industry will click easily, and we’ve started the construction work of the shop. So we are planning to purchase equipment and furniture that is suitable for the shop. If anyone of you has purchased used appliance and equipment, please share your experience with me. We have taken care of the concept of the brewery, but it is the other stuff we’re new to. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

How about actually brewing? :no_mouth:

1 Like

I sent a PM warning.

2 Likes

What is a PM warning

1 Like

Sumtin’ we don’t wanna get… :no_mouth:
Sneezles61

1 Like

There was an article about wineries in CA knocked out from last year’s and the previous year’s fires. Plenty of large fermenters out there sitting idle. Some still with wine in them apparently.

1 Like

Private message to warn someone that might be potential a spammer. No reply usually answers the question and they are removed.

Lots of breweries went out of business during the pandemic. Shouldn’t be hard to find used brewhouse equipment. If you don’t know how to purchase and put together a system then maybe you’re trying to get into the wrong business… Frankly you don’t sound like you know what you’re doing.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t be the first to open a brewery and not know anything about Brewing. I know of just such a place. Been in business for awhile. I remember during an interview he said the only experience he had was living near a brewery. He makes a couple decent run of the mill beers but has great hamburgers and a prime location. So yeah it can be done. Need to hire a brewer though

2 Likes

Its a dream for everyone at a certain point having your own company. Most will not move on with their dream. Me like what i said few weeks ago got the chance. But after thinking calculations talking to a person who does do acounting and brewing at hertog jan he said for bonaire starting a brewery. To expensive at the moment

2 Likes

The costs down there have to be prohibitive…. But even here in our county in Florida 10 breweries have been reduced to 6 since 2020.

A moment of silence for……
Cocoa Beach brewing co
Lost Shirt brewing(ironical name popeye)
Quarters brewing co
BeachFly brewing co

correct breweries have been shutting down looks like the bubble has burst. It ha been getting really redundant, the beers are all starting to taste the same and alot of it is overpriced.

Its as well i think every supermarket. Has some selection of special craft beers. Here on bonaire they stuck in the amstel heineken. Corona beers. Its hard to convince. Locals to drink craft beer. Tourist are willing to pay more for craft beer. A brewery needs a taste room with a restaurant than they will come. But this creates. Huge costs. Extra staff. Who work in the restaurant part. Staff for your brewery. And so on. So for now stick to home brewing. And keep on dreaming

Sure seems the “craft brewery” has to crank out high powered brews… I’m getting more… shall we say… Enjoying the small, simple brews? I hope the brewers that care about variety stay afloat… the others just doing a mini brewing mill… well, should’ve listened to yer yeast…
Stay simple!
Sneezles61

1 Like

Must say after my experience with to hoppy beers and getting acid reflux. Me back to regular single hops beers. And no more issues. I enjoy going back to my brew log and create simple beers to brew actually thursday brew a pilsner

3 Likes

Due South. My wife loves their Caramel Cream ale. I think they are planning to have that and Category 3 contract brewed. I liked Category 5

1 Like

You start small but with large dreams. Micro breweries just need a single well attended venue to partner with and a little marketing.

1 Like

I also wanna some suggestion about furniture for my shop. My basement workshop/man cave is finally coming together. Now it’s time to find a couple of seats or chairs like recliners or any other for my brother and I to lounge on, consume beer, admire the ongoing projects and brainstorm future projects.
What’s something cool, comfortable, and can be thrown aside when it’s time to build the next motorcycle? I’m thinking oversized, marine-grade bean bags or game-playing rocking seats like these, or something along those lines. Needs to have a back to it, not just a bar stool in the middle of the room.

Those look like a nice seat to sit and nurse a beer

1 Like

Build a rolling bar so you can belly up and have a brew!
Then roll it out of the way for the next motorcycle build…
My motorcycle stuff stays out in the garage… but I really enjoy some brews and music.