St. patty's day Green beer

I’m sure this had been asked before. But, how do I go about making my beer green for this great day?

Brew a pale coler beer, then add green food coloring.

Could I add the food coloring at anytime, and how much would you add

Add it to the glass, about 1-2 drops.

I would think as long as there is no additional sugars in the food coloring, you could just add it at the bottling stage. Test the number of drops, on a similarly colored commercial beer product to determine how many drops per bottle you will need.

I just don’t get it.

makes it easier to identify your vomit in the snow…

makes it easier to identify your vomit in the snow…[/quote]

I thought that’s what corn was for :shock:

I thought that’s what corn was for :shock: [/quote]

If you’re really talented you just spell you name in vomit then there’s no doubt.

Maybe I should make different colors so I can see who it is that puked in my yard. LOL!

Has anyone added the food coloring straight to the keg?

I have been curious since im going to Keg and Irish blonde ale, but not sure I have the balls to do it… lol

I was tempted to do this in a keg for St Patricks day as well. I would imagine it would wash out just fine but that said, I have yet to do it…

Just use 15% green malt. briess has a decent one.

:mrgreen:

The Irish seem to get a good laugh (at our expense) over this all American custom.
I don’t know…adding green coloring to beer just seems to disrespect the beer, if you ask me.

But then again, you didn’t ask. :shock:

But I will ask…How and when did this typically bizarre American tradition of ‘green beer’ start anyway? Anybody know?
After all, I always thought beer in Eire was black! :cheers:

Not that I am condoning this kind of behavior, but use blue food dye Remember, yellow and blue make green. Yellow and green make murky green.

[quote=“The Professor”]The Irish seem to get a good laugh (at our expense) over this all American custom.
I don’t know…adding green coloring to beer just seems to disrespect the beer, if you ask me.

But then again, you didn’t ask. :shock:

But I will ask…How and when did this typically bizarre American tradition of ‘green beer’ start anyway? Anybody know?
After all, I always thought beer in Eire was black! :cheers: [/quote]
Probably overglorification we American’s love! Anything Irish is green. We wear green hats, green shirts, green socks, green underwear…obviously, we would make a beer green too!

i have to make a correction, make a pale beer and add BLUE food coloring, not green. remember basic art class. yellow and blue make green :wink:
sorry, didn’t see that it was already posted

Perhaps you could serve the beer in green mugs.

If you want to be authentic, don’t do it. But a good stout will be just fine. Wear a green hat, or paint a shamrock on something. But please not the beer. Just me.

+1

I bottled an Irish Stout last week. Should be ready just in time. Beer for St. Patrick’s Day should be black or red.