Southern Tier (Live) Strain

Just curious if anyone knows what strain they use? I harvested from a 6 pack and turned it into a starter, I had been sitting on it for a few months and decided to use it in the NB Irish Red kit. Only curious as I recall reading something on the bottle about “active” and I thought it was in relation to yeast, and the little buggers are still chugging away since Sunday night.

I used to LOVE Southern Tier (had a bunch of it at my wedding in 2011, Hopsun and IPA), but I feel like they ran into some QC issues as they got bigger. Have had a few lately, and its the good stuff that I remember. Not sure, but if I had to guess, I would either say their house yeast is either Chico (S-05/WLP001/WY1056), some cousin of it, or maybe English Ale WLP007 (or WY equivalent). Let us know what you think of the yeast!

Thanks for the info. My ex made the Irish as her first batch a few years ago, I’ll have to try and remember how it tasted and see if I can notice a difference. If not can always just order the kit again :twisted: . The primary is still bubbling (maybe 1 small bloop every 2 seconds) in the low 60s so maybe that would help narrow it down. Trying to recall if I’ve ever had a strain that was still going that actively after 6 days.