Software preference

BeerSmith here. I keep handwritten notes too.

For all of those who are utilizing Beersmith AND hand written notes thereā€™s actually a ā€˜notesā€™ section in each recipe on beersmith. You can put those notes there in case you need them on the cloud, donā€™t want to lose them etc. I use Bruā€™n Water and use the ā€˜notesā€™ section for my water profile, water additions, and any other ā€œoddā€ additions that might otherwise not be on Beersmith.

A speedy recovery to your wife once she can gain mobilityā€¦
I have faith, the kids, dog and fish will be just fine when your better half is well healed!
I wonā€™t even comment about software as I donā€™t really know what this isā€¦. Paper and pencil are as good as I can doā€¦ :hugs:
Sneezles61

The water for me would be a problem calculating by hand. Like i said im lazy

The most concentrated ions I have to deal with is RAā€¦ The rest of my water is goodā€¦so when brewing very light/pale brews, RO is requiredā€¦. Iā€™m not going to get too far into water corrections for any other brewsā€¦ How is it saidā€¦ ā€œkeep it simple Sneezlesā€
Sneezles61

1 Like

Thanks all for the well wishes for my wife. Sheā€™s doing as well as can be expected and hobbles along fairly well.
I too am too lazy to do the math myself. But, why reinvent the wheel? If a program I use for recipe storage is going to do it why do it again?

Exactly why did my best to deciffer it on paperā€¦ Iā€™m close enuffā€¦ Even with the addition via calculations my water is goodā€¦
One thing Iā€™ve figured because high blood pressureā€¦ brews with higher levels Calcium Chloride causes me griefā€¦ Not that the alcohol is a saintā€¦ :nerd_face:
Sneezles61

Whatever your approach, it should be fun and not stressfulā€¦. Stress will definitely affect blood pressure!..ā€¦ Just ask coach Kelly here, now with LSU:

1 Like

Yes looking for a sharp pencil around here is stressing. But back to my point about what software to use. Since if im using software im looking for simplicity. I did look a brun water and it looked like a learning curve but not much different than BF. BS has a plug and play which seems easy enough but I wasnā€™t happy with the preloaded profiles. Usually Iā€™ll do an internet search for the best profile for a style and go from there. So either way there will be some input with BS and BF So if i donā€™t want to calculate the salts BS has the edge for simplicity on everything else BF IMO

1 Like