Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com

Software preference

BeerSmith here. I keep handwritten notes too.

For all of those who are utilizing Beersmith AND hand written notes there’s actually a ‘notes’ section in each recipe on beersmith. You can put those notes there in case you need them on the cloud, don’t want to lose them etc. I use Bru’n Water and use the ‘notes’ section for my water profile, water additions, and any other “odd” additions that might otherwise not be on Beersmith.

A speedy recovery to your wife once she can gain mobility…
I have faith, the kids, dog and fish will be just fine when your better half is well healed!
I won’t even comment about software as I don’t really know what this is…. Paper and pencil are as good as I can do… :hugs:
Sneezles61

The water for me would be a problem calculating by hand. Like i said im lazy

The most concentrated ions I have to deal with is RA… The rest of my water is good…so when brewing very light/pale brews, RO is required…. I’m not going to get too far into water corrections for any other brews… How is it said… “keep it simple Sneezles”
Sneezles61

1 Like

Thanks all for the well wishes for my wife. She’s doing as well as can be expected and hobbles along fairly well.
I too am too lazy to do the math myself. But, why reinvent the wheel? If a program I use for recipe storage is going to do it why do it again?

Exactly why did my best to deciffer it on paper… I’m close enuff… Even with the addition via calculations my water is good…
One thing I’ve figured because high blood pressure… brews with higher levels Calcium Chloride causes me grief… Not that the alcohol is a saint… :nerd_face:
Sneezles61

Whatever your approach, it should be fun and not stressful…. Stress will definitely affect blood pressure!..… Just ask coach Kelly here, now with LSU:

1 Like

Yes looking for a sharp pencil around here is stressing. But back to my point about what software to use. Since if im using software im looking for simplicity. I did look a brun water and it looked like a learning curve but not much different than BF. BS has a plug and play which seems easy enough but I wasn’t happy with the preloaded profiles. Usually I’ll do an internet search for the best profile for a style and go from there. So either way there will be some input with BS and BF So if i don’t want to calculate the salts BS has the edge for simplicity on everything else BF IMO

1 Like
Back to Shopping at NorthernBrewer.com