Small leak from keg post poppet

so I have a small leak from one gas post top…at the poppet. Is the fix as simple as replacing the poppet?

cheers.

Try a little keg lube first that may take care of the problem.
If that doesn’t work then you should replace the poppit.

[quote=“chuck”]Try a little keg lube first that may take care of the problem.
If that doesn’t work then you should replace the poppit.[/quote]

I fiddled with the poppet, under pressure, with my car key and then it popped back into place/seated itself properly. But, before I fill that keg, I’ll check it again tomorrow for leaks.

thanks.

I’ve had several kegs with problematic poppets, a few times I’ll hook up to gas to carbonate and the next day a pint worth of beer is on the floor of the freezer out of the liquid side. Now if I have the gas connected I’ll also connect the liquid post even if I’m not planning on dispensing just to take the poppets out of the equation, until that keg can be verified as having good poppets (gas leak detector). Probably just paranoia, but I don’t like trusting a spring loaded seal, especially when it can buckle out of position after being depressed by the QD or lose compression as the seal wears.

[quote=“StormyBrew”]so I have a small leak from one gas post top…at the poppet. Is the fix as simple as replacing the poppet?

cheers.[/quote]

FWIW You should spend $20 and buy 3 pairs of these guys, they work on all posts as far as i know and they never leak in my experience.

[quote=“andjenliang”][quote=“StormyBrew”]so I have a small leak from one gas post top…at the poppet. Is the fix as simple as replacing the poppet?

cheers.[/quote]

FWIW You should spend $20 and buy 3 pairs of these guys, they work on all posts as far as i know and they never leak in my experience.[/quote]

What guys? missing link?

[quote=“StormyBrew”][quote=“andjenliang”][quote=“StormyBrew”]so I have a small leak from one gas post top…at the poppet. Is the fix as simple as replacing the poppet?

cheers.[/quote]

FWIW You should spend $20 and buy 3 pairs of these guys, they work on all posts as far as i know and they never leak in my experience.[/quote]

What guys? missing link?[/quote]

Yea i keep zoning out and forgetting to put in the links and attachments

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/univ ... valve.html

do they work on the old firestone kegs? if so, just might have to do that.

cheers.

[quote=“StormyBrew”]do they work on the old firestone kegs? if so, just might have to do that.

cheers.[/quote]

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=109034

In this thread TG, Flip, and i were able to convince Mppatriot to convert into using universal poppits but yes they work on all ball/pin lock threads. I have a set that came with a converted coke corny to ball lock and i can swap universals on all the post and they seal like magic. On the item description it says fits on all ball lock and pin lock kegs

i keep forgetting to copy and paste url… what is wrong with me

Item description as stated “This simple poppet works on all kegs, ball lock and pin lock. It does not snap into place like many poppets, but its simple spring mechanism makes it highly reliable and easy to remove and clean. Works on A, B, and C post types; an excellent back up part to keep around your homebrewery.”