Siphon and Bottle filler together?

Hello: I currently have 2 gallons of brew that will have to be transferred to bottles soon. The brew is in one of the 5-galllon buckets with spigot. I have access to a spring tip bottle filler and a siphon - both from NB. I also have the required plastic hose. I’m concerned about leaving a fair amount of liquid behind if I use the spigot instead of the siphon since the batch is only 2 gallons. Can I use the siphon and bottle filler together? What is the preferred transfer method in my case? THANKS!!

Good question! I used a block of wood so the brew waste was minimal… Put it under the side farthest from the spigot…
You could also, use that same block of wood, and use a racking cane to get as much out as possible…
Using both… I’d be leary of too much O2 getting in the final bottles with all the moving about and such…
Sneezles61

You want to minimize splashing. Just use the siphon if you need to transfer to the bucket with the spigot. I have a spigot bucket just for bottling. If you fermented in your spigot bucket then you can siphon into bottles but you will need a friend to keep the siphon out of the trub and a clip to shut off the siphon when you get to the top of the bottle. You still have to calculate the headspace to get proper carbonation. The bottling wand, the spring tipped thingee, does that on its own by displacing a perfect amount of beer. I guess the tube from the siphon might do that also.

When I bottle small batches I siphon. I stick the bottle wand in the end of the siphon tube. Start the siphon in starsan. Then start siphoning the beer into a jar soon as the star San clears lift the wand which stops the siphon and then start filling bottles. I actually do it this way for 5 gallon batches of wine as well. I use the fiz drops or sugar cubes

That’s opened ended… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Sneezles61

When I bottled, I always put it in a bucket with a shutoff and a filler. Did very little to non splashing or aerating and fill the bottle. Yes I did transfer to carboy to bucket, was luck to not to contaminate the beer.