Simple Hot Break Question

I have brewed multiple batches and during hot break I usually get a good amount of foam, but my last batch I didnt get any foam.
Does this normally happen sometimes?

I followed the recipe with the kit I got which says:

Bring two gallons of water to 155 degrees. Remove heat and steep grains for 25 minutes.
After 25 minutes remove grains and add 1 more gallon of water and return to boil.
Once it starts to boil remove from heat and add 7lbs of liquid DME.
Return to a boil and start 60 minute timer.

I followed that exactly but I raised the heat up more slowely that usually while stirring the entire time to make sure the DME was disolved. One I reached 210 and it started to boil I never got any more than a slight amount of foam in the wort.

Was this due to raising the temp slowely and stirring? Could there be anything wrong with this batch if a correct hot break didnt happen?

It was a Sam Adams Summer Ale clone from Austin Homebrew Supply.

Thanks, and any input would be great. Im just curious.

Extract batches may not get a full hot break, since the wort was already processed initially when the extract was produced. This was pretty common for me when I was an extract brewer. I never noticed any ill effect in the resulting beer.

FWIW - AHS kits have been hit or miss for me. Their Otter Creek Copper Ale clone kit was a big miss for me, but their anniversary dunkelweizen remains one of the best beers I’ve ever brewed.

I would guess that the slow rise in temp and constant stirring kept the break from grouping together and foaming up.

I doubt there are any issues with this process.

Thanks for the replies. Its fermenting nicely right now. I cant wait to try it.