Simcoe IPA Recipe

I stand by the statement that you should have gove with your original recipe

I should have, but I am currently dry hopping with 1 oz of simcoe… Next time!

Drank some last night and boy are these tasty. Crisp and light, floral hop with some bite. Very much a spring beer. Great fluffy white head that I can draw on (must be the oats or decoction)… I could drink a bunch of these! If I brew it again, I would go all simcoe and add a few more lbs of 2-row. Or, drop out the dry hop and let my coors light drinking friend at it, they would love it!

Just like all the others, I will be sad when its gone! Thank goodness I am moving up to 10 gallon batches, these 5 gallon batches seem to be blow out when they start tasting good!

[quote=“ryclo”]Or, drop out the dry hop and let my coors light drinking friend at it, they would love it![/quote]There’s something seriously lacking in a Simcoe IPA if someone who drinks Coors Light could even get past the first whiff from the glass, let alone drink it! :wink:

lol, that probably should apply to an IPA of any variety!

I know, it came out more like a hoppy Pale Ale… No where near an IPA honestly, needed more hops and more 2-row I think. Either way, it was good! Gotta start somewhere with new recipes I guess?

I’m quickly learning that myself! It’s really cool to drink a beer you designed, think, “Yummy! But, if I make these changes, it will be closer to what I inteded.”

Everything about this hobby perpetuates this hobby :cheers:

Yep, I love this sport!