Sierra madre extract hops?

I recently brewed the sierra madre pale ale kit and I screwed up the hops additions. I added the Chinook at 60 minutes but I also added th perle at 60 when it should have been added with 20 minutes to go. I did put the cascades in at flame out. Will I lose anything by not putting the perle in at 20 minutes to go? Do I need to dry hop?

20min is the flavor addition, you’ll be a little short on that. You could make up to some degree with some dry hops but I think the beer will still be good as is.

You’ll get more hop bitterness and less hop flavor. What was the AA% of the Perle? Dry hopping will get you the flavors back but will probably not cut into the bitterness.

7-9.5% alpha. If I were to dry hop would I use the same amount as called for in the recipe?

Tough call. You may want to dry hop with more since the bitterness is stronger. You also may want to consider using a really strong dryhop to cut through the bitter bite.

I did not end up dry hopping. The sample I took while racking to the secondary was pretty darn close to sierra nevada pale ale.

[quote=“sprintman82x”]I did not end up dry hopping. The sample I took while racking to the secondary was pretty darn close to sierra nevada pale ale.[/quote]If you like hops, add an oz of Cascade for a week and then bottle - once carbed and aged a little, the hop character from the boil is going to fade and SNPA has a characteristic Cascade nose that makes it special.