Shocktoberfest recipe assistance

So back when I started brewing with Mr. Beer 2 years ago, I made a recipe that was called Shocktoberfest which they have since discontinued. As it was the beer that convinced me that yes, I actually can make good beer, I’d love to try my hand at it again. I was able to find the instruction sheet online Here
http://www.mrbeer.com/print_brewing_instructions.php?model_id=129
and was curious if anyone could give me a hand at trying to replicate it? I’m looking for an extract approximation of the kit as I haven’t been able to justify the time to go all grain yet. I let the batch lager for 6 months last time so I need to get brewing it soon if I hope to have it ready for September/October this year. Plus this will also help me get started on my fermentation chamber project. :twisted:

Currently on their site, their hopped malt extract comes in 1.87 lb cans although the only amber refill I can find on their site is 2.86 lbs if that helps on extract quantity. This was also for 2.5 gallons so I’d like to double it to fit my current 5 gallon setup. Also, what should the hops schedule be for the hallertau and the saaz additions? Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

:cheers:
Rad

3 Cans Octoberfest Vienna Lager - (I would assume Munich/Vienna/Pils, but no idea of %'s)
1 Can Mellow Amber UME (??? What the hell is “UME”???)
3 Packets Dry Brewing Yeast (What kind of yeast?)
1 Packet Saaz Pellet Hops (Ok, no problem)
1 Packet Hallertau Pellet Hops (Same here, no problem)
1 Pouch Bock Liquid Yeast (??? More yeast ???)

This is like trying to reverse engineer a nuclear warhead. I have so many questions I wouldn’t know where to begin. I know it’s not what you asked, but just find a good Oktoberfest recipe and go from there.

If I was a betting man I would guess UME meant unhopped malt extract.

Correct, UME is unhopped malt extract. I knew it was a shot in the dark but it never hurts to ask. :lol: I was thinking something like Munich Malt[/url] or Pilsen DME with German Tradition and a late boil addition of Amber? Each of their cans come with a pack of yeast, but you don’t use them, I was thinking of using [url=http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/review/product/list/id/2003/category/15/]Wyeast 2633

for the yeast. Also, this was described as a high gravity Octoberfest recipe, I am pretty sure it was billed right around 9%.

:cheers:
Rad