Sediment

Would bottling from a force carbonated keg allow you to have beer with out the layer of sediment that bottle carbed beers have?

That has been my experience, but I’ve only bottled a few (road trips, gifts, etc), but no sediment.

edit: oh, the beer hasn’t actually spent much time in the bottles before drinking so maybe that’s the reason for no sediment. :wink:

:cheers:

hmm im wondering if that a way to do it, personally i buy store bought beers with sediment and drink it, it doest bother me more nutrition, im just wondering if its possible

Yes sir, beer bottled from a keg should have little to no sediment. There are a few caveats. The first few pours from a keg (of home brew) will have some yeast/sediment. If you use a yeast that’s not a good flocculator, then you may get some yeast if your bottle beers as well. If the keg is fresh, like just filled in the last day or so and you pour some bottles off of it right away, some of the sediment that would have dropped to the bottom of the keg will be in your first bottle or two that you pour.

But if you want sediment free bottled beer… first make sure you try not to transfer much trub/yeast from your fermentor into your keg. Let the keg sit at cold temps for at least a few days and up to a week or so. This will help clear up the beer. Pour the first 1/2 to full glass of beer out and discard (or just drink it) and then start filling bottles. You won’t be bottle conditioning/carbing so you won’t have yeast in the bottle chewing away on the priming sugar you added. This is where the sediment comes from. But since you’re force carbing and giving the beer time to sit (cold) you’re clearing it up naturally.