Sam Adams Oktoberfest ingredients

Hey everyone,

I accidentally ran across a site that lists the supposed ingredients for certain commercial beer. I saw the Sam Adams Oktoberfest so I thought I would at least post it here and see if anyone can come up with a 5gal AG recipe from what little info I have.

Klages / | Tettnanger | Lager yeast |1.056 |
Harrington Tettnang
2-row | Hallertauer
Crystal 60L Mittelfrueh

If I were to attempt to clone Sam Adams Oktoberfest I would use a tried and true Oktoberfest/Maerzen recipe and then add too much 60L Crystal to it.

[quote=“Iceman6409”]Hey everyone,

I accidentally ran across a site that lists the supposed ingredients for certain commercial beer. I saw the Sam Adams Oktoberfest so I thought I would at least post it here and see if anyone can come up with a 5gal AG recipe from what little info I have.

Klages / | Tettnanger | Lager yeast |1.056 |
Harrington Tettnang
2-row | Hallertauer
Crystal 60L Mittelfrueh[/quote]

Sam Adams website lists the ingredients and OG for their beers. The Oktoberfest does contain domestic pale malt as well as Munich, Pilsner and crystal. If you search here and at other forums there are plenty of SA Fest knockoff recipes.

I have looked for awhile for a Sam Adams Oktoberfest clone and cannot find one. Hence the reason for me posting this.

Here are a couple threads with suggested clone recipes. The first one is your thread, BTW.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=104454 viewtopic.php?f=4&t=62666