Rust on bottle caps!

Never had this issue before with my bottling process but I noticed rust on the underside of the crimp. There is rust around the lip of the bottle when removing the cap. The caps are Fermenter’s Fav Plain Gold Crown. I soaked them in Star San. How can I give them out for people to try with rust on them. I know it doesn’t touch the beer it self since there is a liner in the cap but it just looks dirty. :x

I’ve has this happen once with the same caps. Only a couple (maybe two or three) out of the batch had rust on the underside of the crimp. I just drank those myself, and gave out the others. I have switched caps since then, and have not had the issue.

Namaste!!!

Thanks for the reply. Thought I was the only one. Which caps did you switch to? I just brewed a Brewers Best Coffee Porter kit that came with some decent looking caps.

I actually found some unused caps from a “major diet cola distributer” at a weird little pharmacy and bought them all. They still can’t beat the EZ top bottles (grolsh-style) though.

You might try the brewer’s best caps (I believe our host has them here) if they work better for you. Please post a reply, because the caps I’ve got won’t last forever.

Namaste!!!

I think you can recap those beers just use good sanitation and I think you should be alright. For what it’s worth I always use those oxygen barrier caps and havnt noticed any rust.