Reverse osmosis

So try to get in touch with the water plant well got in touch with the plant and a report sort of. It does not contain any chemicals. Nasty for beer brewing they say. Only a high ph 7. Some chlorine. Some iron due to the water pipe. But no zinc magnesium. Now the question how do i build a water report for example a ipa. I can use camben tablets. To get rid of the cholorine. And messure the ph of the mash tun. For the rest dont know where to start.

Can you post the information they gave you?

Well not much info. Basically i got nothing

You may be better off to get a complete water test for brewing from a place like Wards Laboratories. You will need to find out if your supplied water comes from the same source year round. Many cities use different water sources. This can make a big difference in the dissolved minerals and pH.

Are you on de-salinated water? That may be a crap shoot at best… See if you can at least find the source(s) and see if they can give you somewhat of clue… Bru’nwater may be your best bet… give a donation and ask many questions… Being on an island, there is not a good answer to your water source/aquifer… Sneezles61

Yeah indeed get only few questions from the water plant. We are on desalnated water. Got info about ph level 7. Some chlorine. And some iron. Further they say they dont messure other chemicals in the water. Did ask what about. Zinc magnesium and so on. They dont give a clear answer. Been reading the water book and end up with lots of questions about the water here on island

1 Like

Keep after them! Sneezles61

Yeah did call the water plant. Ask if i can speak with the dude. Evert is his name. Did not really understand what i try to do with the water. He said he loves beer. So i am gonna meet him sunday at my house. For few beers. Did tell him have a book you should read about water and beer brewing. He said i will read it. Hope this will help

1 Like

Someone in the water plant must have a water analysis but probably quicker and easier to send a sample to ward labs.

1 Like

Morning did look at this. Gonna order a kit. And send it off. Much easier than. Calling sending e mails. Dont know why this is so difficult. To get a report o yeah forgot do live on a tropical island

1 Like

We REALLY feel sorry for you… :laughing:

3 Likes

Yea rough life dude…but I guess someone has to do it…

Don’t order the kit. Just rinse out a 12oz water bottle and fill it with your tap water. That’s what i do. I’m about to send one off myself. I do it about every two years just to see if there’s a change.

1 Like

Yeah…that poor bastard :rofl:

1 Like

I would agree 100% too! Up here we get really cold, no bugs, ground water a balmy 58*… Lotsa woods, non poisuness critters… Hell, even many peeps leave, too! awwww quite a bit quieter! Sneezles61

Yes sneezles. Here about. 110fh at the moment. Some diving. Sharks turtles manta ray. Girls in bathingsuits. Tomorow brew some beer at the brewery pff life is difficult

1 Like

With all due respect…f u :grinning:

1 Like

apparently there is no respect due!! Hahaha