Hops

Summit 0.25 oz 60 min Boil
Summit 0.5 oz 10 min Boil
Citra 0.5 oz 10 min Boil
Citra 0.5 oz flameout Aroma
Summit 0.75 oz flameout Aroma

Yeasts
London ESB Ale 1968 Wyeast

The hops, specifically the 60m, seem a little light. What are your OG and IBU numbers?

Based on brewtoad IBUs should be around 32 and OG should be 1.066

Ditch the Carapils. Double all the Summit. Bingo.

Thanks for the help so far guys I’m also thinking about adding blood orange how should I go about that I want a pretty strong blood orange taste

Make the beer as-is and then add some blood orange juice to a glass and top-off with the beer. Sort of a michelada (light lager and Bloody Mary mix).

Shade, that’s a great idea. If you’d rather have the orange flavor in the beer itself in the keg or bottles, then make the beer as normal but then on bottling/kegging day or maybe the day before, zest a few oranges then soak the zest in just enough vodka to cover it, probably only 3 or so ounces, and let soak for at least 5 hours. Then strain it off and add the zest-infused vodka to your beer and continue bottling/kegging as normal. Yummy.

Thanks again guys for all the help I’ll let you know how it turns out cheers

I agree regarding increasing the bittering charge. Otherwise looks fine to me. There is nothing wrong with using Carapils. Go for it. Next time, you can tweak an element if you think it didn’t land perfectly on the first go.

Summit and Citra are an interesting combo. Interested in your thoughts on that in the finished/mature product.

Edit: oops. I didn’t notice the yeast initially. Personally I think 1968 is a risk for not attenuating an APA enough, so may leave you with a pretty sweet beer. I would mash in the upper 140’s to reduce that risk and dry it out a little.

Here is the BJCP
http://www.bjcp.org/2008styles/style10.php
guidelines for an APA.

Vital Statistics: OG: 1.045 – 1.060
IBUs: 30 – 45 FG: 1.010 – 1.015
SRM: 5 – 14 ABV: 4.5 – 6.2%

So you are within the style for IBU. Slightly out on the OG. Should be fine leaving it alone or increasing the IBU a bit.

Like KC mentioned, make as is. Then make a change on the next batch if you feel it needs something.

As for the orange, in each glass is a good idea.

If you wanted the whole batch flavored, start with mixing a single glass to taste. Then scale up.

Remember that there is some sugars in the orange juice. So you need to let that ferment out before bottling or you risk bottle bombs.

Kegging, add the juice and use the ‘set it and forget it’ carbonation process.