Re-fermentation

I have been brewing for many years but this is the first time I ever saw this happening… at day 8 of a porter - my recipe it kicked off again. Any explanations? Thank you.

Have you recently racked it or moved the carboy/bucket? Has there been a temp swing? More than likely just CO2 coming out of solution.

no movement or racking. but yes the woodstove is on and the heat did increase ever so little - I figured that might do it; but i never saw that happen before. I just find this to be really weird.

thanks.

[quote=“Porter!”]no movement or racking. but yes the woodstove is on and the heat did increase ever so little - I figured that might do it; but i never saw that happen before. I just find this to be really weird.

thanks.[/quote]
As the beer warms up it is unable to hold a higher volume of dissolved CO2. Thus, the CO2 starts coming out of solution.

Thanks i know all of this from serious winemaking but never my ales or porters. It did stop about 2 days later. I appreciate all of your help and comments. After years of never seeing this it was a FIRST!.. :smiley: