Racking my yeast cake

Hey guys,
I have a question that I hope is an easy one. I’m planning on using my Ale Pale for the initial fermentation of my strawberry wheat so I can add and pull my strawberries out as soon as they turn grey. My brew-partner seems to have a vendetta against plastic and wants to transfer to the glass carbouy as quickly as possible. So now for my question… If I use the Ale Pale for the initial week of primary fermentation can I/should I rack everything but the strawberries, including the yeast-cake, to the carbouy for the last 2-3 weeks of primary fermentation? I haven’t heard of any consequences of stirring up the yeast that has flocculated already. I have no problem pulling the strawberries out and leaving the beer in the primary/Ale Pale to do its thing for the last 2-3 weeks, but wanted to get a few professional opinions.
Thanks Guys…

I ferment all of my beer in plastic. I don’t secondary at all. But if you’re using fruit I would of let it ferment out in primary before you transferred onto the strawberries for secondary fermentation. If you move it to another vessel you will.lose allot of the yeast and you won’t be in primary anymore

+1 on no secondary. Don’t bother. If you want to throw in strawberries, just put them in the primary a couple days into the ferment. Also, you need to use a shit ton of strawberries for the flavor to come through. Be prepared to back it up with some strawberry extract.