Racked to Secondary Too Soon

First off…This was my first batch ever. Brew day was a week ago, OG was 1.062. Checked gravity as I transferred and it was 1.018. Now in the 5 gal glass carboy dry hopping. I left some space on top because I was afraid of a blow off. I planned on leaving it in the secondary for 7 days and transferring it to a cold corny.

Any thing I should be worried about besides an explosion in the secondary?

Added pic if that helps with your comments…

You should be fine.
I almost always rack to a secondary after a week or 10 days (and a few times, even less than that), and have never encountered a problem either with the ferment or the resulting flavor. If anything, for me it results in a noticeably cleaner flavor.
Many folks will weigh in and say that technically, you don’t need to rack to secondary at all…and they are correct, you don’t need to do that step.
But I still prefer to do so because I’m convinced that it results in better beer.
I admit that the majority of folks here will disagree.

Make a few batches each way and decide what works best for you.
That’s what I did, and that’s why I do it the way I do.

[quote=“The Professor”]You should be fine.
That’s what I did, and that’s why I do it the way I do.[/quote]

While I seldom do a secondary any longer, Al’s advice above is the real answer.

[quote=“The Professor”]You should be fine.
I almost always rack to a secondary after a week or 10 days (and a few times, even less than that), and have never encountered a problem either with the ferment or the resulting flavor. If anything, for me it results in a noticeably cleaner flavor.
Many folks will weigh in and say that technically, you don’t need to rack to secondary at all…and they are correct, you don’t need to do that step.
But I still prefer to do so because I’m convinced that it results in better beer.
I admit that the majority of folks here will disagree.

That’s what I did, and that’s why I do it the way I do.[/quote]

i for one agree 100%…and always rack to secondary.

cheers.