Question about my Deluxe brewing starter kit

I just wanted to ask if extract kits are the only types of beers that I can brew with my kit… Will I be able to brew beer from scratch without using kits? Also will I be able to use my equipment to brew wine? Thanks in advance guys!

Heres a link to the kit that I purchased…

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brew ... r-kit.html

All of the above can be done with very basic equipment. Research BIAB.

First thing is extract brewing doesn’t limit you to kits. It isn’t quite as customizable as all-grain, but you can create your own recipes.

For all grain, dmtaulo2 mentioned BIAB, which is Brew In A Bag. It’s a cheap, easy way to get into brewing all-grain. Lots of resources online. YouTube is a great way to learn. You will be limited slightly by your kettle size. What will you be using for that?

You certainly can make wine with what you have, but you may wish to invest in some smaller fermenters while your learning.

There’s nothing about the Deluxe Brewing Starter Kit that will limit you to brewing prepackaged extract beer kits. But if you want to do traditional all grain brewing or BIAB all grain brewing you’ll need at a minimum an appropriately-sized mash tun (I would personally choose a 10 gallon tun) with an 8 gallon boiling kettle for traditional all grain, full-volume brewing, or a 10 gallon boiling kettle with a quality BIAB bag for BIAB brewing…

[quote=“sampothepancake”]First thing is extract brewing doesn’t limit you to kits. It isn’t quite as customizable as all-grain, but you can create your own recipes.

For all grain, dmtaulo2 mentioned BIAB, which is Brew In A Bag. It’s a cheap, easy way to get into brewing all-grain. Lots of resources online. YouTube is a great way to learn. You will be limited slightly by your kettle size. What will you be using for that?

You certainly can make wine with what you have, but you may wish to invest in some smaller fermenters while your learning.[/quote]

Thanks everyone!! Sampothepancake I’m going to research BIAB as well as experiment more with extract brewing. The main goal for me really is to try and come up with my own recipe. Thanks again all!

You should pick up a book called Designing Great Beers by Ray Daniels. It will help you immensely with designing your own recipes, and it’s good for extract beers and all-grain beers and everything in between. Check it out.

Will do thanks again, you’ve been a great help.