Question about brewing lager’s?

Well first off Happy NewYear’s to everyone. But my question is bring up lager’s to Diacetyl rest temperature’s I hear different opinions on the matter some say to Gradually ramp up by 5F every 12hours to 65f to 68f an some say to just go right to the 65f to 68f. Sorry if I asked this before .

This is what I do and works great form me 19 years of brewing behind me. For a d-rest let it ferment to final gravity or a point or 2 before final gravity and then just let temp free rise. for few days the yeast will take care of it.

6 Likes

Well put Damian! Sneezles61

1 Like

I generally leave it cold 48deg for 2 weeks then take it out and let it sit for a week at room temperature. Then cold crash a few days at below freezing temp then rack to a cold keg

2 Likes

I do my lagers this time of year, because I can keep my fermenter in a water-filled swamp bucket and keep it at 45-50* while fermenting (occasionally need the assistance of a 1/2 gallon ice bottle, but not this year). After 5 days or so, when the fermentation is visibly slowing, I add an aquarium heater to the bucket that raises the temp to 64*. Hold there for 2 days, then let it drop naturally. I usually rack for lagering after 2, or maybe 3 weeks. Then it’s out to my garage where it stays pretty wicked cold.

1 Like

When mother nature gives you lemons make lemonade

1 Like