Porter and whiskey

Whats the correct way add whiskey to a porter before bottling or after.

I really like brewing with whiskey. Sometimes I even put it in the beer.

4 Likes

Seriously, though, I’d add it in the glass. Blending in the glass doesn’t get enough respect. This way you have a straight-up porter, and can have a bourbon-barrel porter on demand.

Do you drop the shot glass in also as I’ve seen done but never tried. Not sure if it adds anything.All kidding aside I think maybe it kills the carbonation so you don’t get gas.

Not since college! Just a little splash to the pint. Dangit, now I have to head to the basement for a porter.

1 Like

I think I’m doing it wrong. I don’t have any bourbon so I had a shot of Irish with my English porter. Hope it’s not a problem

1 Like

I’ve made several batches of NBs Bourbon Barrel Porter, pretty much per directions and been very happy with the results. That has you soaking oak cubes in bourbon and adding it all to secondary a couple weeks before bottling. The bourbon flavor mellows some, so depending on your taste it might not be enough. Of course you can always add more in the glass … and you CAN try this at home :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re going to have major heartburn from that.

1 Like

Did few weeks a chocolate. Ale. At the brewery. About. 200 liters. Last wedness did add jameson. Whisky. About 500ml. Now we wait and see. But it did work. With. The lemmy bomber ipa. Did brew 10 gall at my house. Add jack danniels soaked oak cubes. It came out jummy.