Pitching Cider yeast into a IPA

My very first attempt was from a ‘Negro Modelo’ clone…bad idea!
The dark beer harvesting is tough, more of a guessing game than anything. The trub and dead yeast still fall first so when you decant take the top 50% - 60% and you are in good shape. Truth be told, you could take it all but it kind of defeats the purpose of washing

About a month back Ii put together a ‘Spring cleaning’ IPA and depleted all my brewing supplies. I got the itch to brew so I washed the ‘SAFALE - 05’ from the IPA and pitched into 5 gallons of apple cider so I could at least have something fermenting. Now the Cider is almost done and I have re-stocked ingredients and have the crazy idea of washing the SAFALE - 05 from the cider and pitching it into a new IPA.
I was thinking of going with some real floral/fruity hops to back up any apple tones from the yeast. Any thoughts? Would the yeast give off any noticeable cider tones? They always say home brewing is 50% experimentation.

There shouldn’t be any dragout of flavors from the cider if you rack all the cider off the cake, then add sterile water to suspend the yeast, allow to settle, and decant the very weak cider before pitching to the IPA.